So, you want to run away from home?
THREE HUGE reasons why you should head to Brenham and Washington County this summer!
Reason #1 - Amazing, Delicious, BBQ from Texas’ best Pit Masters featured on Brenham’s BBQ Trail
- LJ’s BBQ - named 2019 Top 25 New BBQ Joints in Texas by Texas Monthly
- Truth BBQ - named 2018 Top 10 BBQ Joints in Texas by Texas Monthly
- Pioneer Smokehouse - a family favorite located in the heart of historic Downtown Brenham offering lots of outdoor room for kids to run.
- Cody’s Pit Stop - a crowd favorite featuring melt in your mouth beef that is known to sell out quickly.
- Nathan’s BBQ - lives up to their slogan ‘Ain’t No Fib About Our Ribs’.
- Texas Smoke Pit - newest spot on the map serving up delicious meals.
- Chappell Hill Bakery & Deli - rated 5 stars for delicious food.
- Chappell Hill Sausage - serving their famous sausage and BBQ
- R Place at Washington on the Brazos – serving up BBQ where “Texas Became Texas”
Reason #2 - FAMILY FRIENDLY GRAPE-STOMPING FUN AT LOCAL WINERIES
Pleasant Hill Winery - Experience “Crush for Fun”, offered four consecutive weekends in July and August. You get to pick the grapes and stomp “Lucy-style” and put your footprints on a T-shirt.
Windy Winery - the Harvest Grape Stomp offered weekends in July and August is summer classic fun with picking and squishing grapes … and of course, making purple feet T-shirts!
More wine tasting and micro brews
Saddlehorn Winery - Escape to the picturesque countryside of Burton, TX to sip and savor award-winning wines. Open daily.
Texas Star Winery - Nestled in beautiful Chappell Hill, enjoy award-winning wines in a charming tasting room or out under the trees.
Brazos Valley Brewing Company - Located a block from historic Downtown Brenham, this independent craft brewery is a ‘must do’ while here.
#3 FESTIVAL FUN FOR EVERYONE
July 4th Picnic at Barrington Plantation - Experience an 1850s style Independence Day celebration! Musket firing, toasts and a reading of the Declaration of Independence will commemorate the day. Bring your own picnic basket, and enjoy al-fresco dining.
Hot Nights, Cool Tunes - Saturday evenings July 11, 18 and August 1st; Bring your lawn chair and gather around the historic downtown square to listen to the sounds of live music and walk through the classic car show. Admission and parking is FREE!
Summer Sip - August 8th; stroll through unique shops in historic Downtown Brenham while tasting signature drinks offered by local merchants.
Chappell Hill Lavender and Wine Fest - August 8th; fields of lavender provide a beautiful backdrop for this annual event that features tastings, crafts, music, demonstrations and a place to unwind.