2022 Scarecrow Extravaganza!
Main Street Brenham is calling all businesses, clubs, classrooms, individuals, and families to participate in our 19th Annual Scarecrow Extravaganza!
There will be $1400 in cash prizes this year!
Categories and Sponsors Include:
- Best Overall - $300; KTEX/KWHI
- Most Votes - $200; Hermann Furniture
- Judges Choice - $200; Must Be Heaven
- Best Fall Theme - $125; Revival Mercantile
- Best School Spirit - $125; The Book Nook
- Silliest - $125; The Pomegranate
- The Cutest - $125; The Canyon Chick
- Honorable Mention #1 - $100; Branded Boutique
- Honorable Mention #2 - $100; Anatomy Clothing Co
Important Dates to Remember!
- August 22 - September 16 - Registration Open
- September 23: scarecrows placed downtown
- September 24 - October 23: voting in SPONSORING STORES
- October 26: winners announced!
- October 28: scarecrows picked up by 7 pm by all participants and photos taken with winners!
How to Vote:
Ballots can be picked up at any of the sponsoring locations, completed ballots may be returned to a sponsoring location or the Brenham Visitor Center (115 W Main St).
Goal: Create a whimsical and fun scarecrow to be on display downtown this fall. Your design can be as plain or as elaborate as you would like.
- Scarecrows and décor must be made as weather resistant as possible.
- Non-organic décor is preferred (fake pumpkins, gourds, flowers, etc.) If you choose to use organic materials, please monitor regularly, and remove decaying items.
- Scarecrows must be appropriate for public viewing. No inappropriate or overly frightening designs. Remember this is a family-friendly event.
- You must provide one hay bale for your display.
- Main Street will provide signage with your scarecrow’s name.
- Please check on your scarecrow regularly. Voting is open through most of October, so you want to keep your scarecrow looking fresh!
- Your scarecrow must be set up in your designated location no later than Friday, September 23.
- Winners will be announced the morning of Wednesday, October 26th and contacted to schedule a time on the 28th for a photo—AND to receive a check from the sponsor!
- After the competition ends, scarecrow displays must be picked up by all participants no later than 7 pm on Friday, October 28.
- Have fun and be creative!