Isn’t that what mom always said? We have locally owned restaurants who proudly specialize in creating ‘love on a plate.’ Imagine steamy, fluffy biscuits the size of your fist slathered in creamy sausage gravy; buttermilk pancakes piled high, dripping with real melted butter and syrup; farm fresh eggs, thick slabs of bacon with a side of hot coffee. The list of morning eateries is extensive and we all have our ‘go-to’ places that help us push the reset button to face the day with a smile and albeit, tight pants!
Here’s a list of places in Washington County to get your day started off on the right foot!
- Andrea’s Taco Shop – open 24-hours (Friday & Saturday only) – authentic mom & pop taqueria
- Blue Willow Café (Burton) – Tweaked Eggs Benedict are a favorite, but so are the Banana Pancakes
- Brenham Grill (located inside Ant Street Inn, serves breakfast only on weekends) everything from granola to eggs Florentine
- Chappell Hill Bakery & Deli - Sausage & Fruit kolaches and traditional breakfast
- Chappell Hill Sausage Company (closed Sundays) – can’t get more fresh than where the sausage is made
- Daisy’s Mexican Food – authentic Mexican breakfast including menudo and migas
- Las Americas Latin Cuisine (Downtown Brenham)– weekend brunch specials like Fried eggs & chorizo with mimosas
- Manuel’s Mexican Restaurant – breakfast only available Saturdays
- Ninety-Six West (Downtown Brenham) – another weekend brunch favorite like smoked salmon eggs benedict along with mimosas & bloody mary's
- Santa Fe Café – only open weekdays in Downtown Brenham, but a local favorite
- Smitty’s Café & Bakery – where everything is homemade & made from scratch
And who doesn’t need a JOLT of caffeine?? Try our locally-owned coffee shops!
- Independence Coffee Roastery – that’s right, roasted right here in Brenham
- Mescalito Coffee (inside Ballad of the Bird Dog)
- Wired & Inspired Coffee Shop (inside The Pomegranate)
In a hurry? Try these places for a quick & easy bite.
- Weikel’s Bakery – kolaches, just like homemade
- Max’s Donuts - donuts, kolaches and breakfast tacos