Holiday Gift Art Walk
Main Street Brenham is calling all businesses, clubs, classrooms, individuals, and families to participate in our 1st Annual Holiday Gift Art Walk!
Categories and Sponsors Include:
- Adult Winner - Best in Show - Wine & Cheese Happy Hour for 20 at Floyd's Wine Lounge
- Student Winner - Best in Show - Ice Cream Party for 20 at Must Be Heaven
Important Dates to Remember!
- Entry deadline: November 10th
- Pick up Cut-Outs at Must Be Heaven: November 15th and 17th
- Project completed and delivered to the designated location: November 25th through November 29th
- Winners announced: December 15th
- Pick up projects: January 2nd through 4th
- With help from artists in the community, Main Street Brenham will again bring art to the streets of downtown and invite adult and student artists to participate.
- The entry deadline is Thursday, November 10th. Online entries only are accepted. Enter by going to jingle.cityofbrenham.org.
- Wooden square cut-outs for entrants are available to pick up on November 15th. and 17th. at Must Be Heaven between 11Am and 3PM. Contact Traci Pyle at BrenhamChristmas@gmail.com if other arrangements are necessary.
- Painted gift entries are judged in two categories: Adults (18 years and older) and Student (under 18 years).
- The base square cut-outs remain the same for all categories. The basic square can be altered if it remains intact.
- Objects may be attached to the gift, making sure to attach in such a way that it cannot be easily removed and is weather resistant.
- Artists are encouraged to use creativity and innovation. Please remember this is a public art exhibition and the audience consists of all ages and backgrounds. Designs which are violent or sexual in nature will not be accepted.
- The Holiday Gift Art Walk is an interactive event. Designers are required to keep public safety in mind and produce art that is durable.
- The art works are displayed outdoors. Please keep weather and other elements of nature and logistics of display in mind while designing your piece. Your art will need to be weighted with sandbags or other stabilizing items.
- The back of the gift artwork must be painted. Main Street supplies signage which includes the artists name and the name of the “Gift”.
- Please deliver finished “gifts” to your display location between November 25th and 29th. Your specific display location will be sent via email to you at the email address given on the entry form.
- Main Street may reject any design that, at its sole discretion, does not adhere to these guidelines.
- Judges Awards are determined (one adult and one student) based solely on the judges discretion. There is no public voting.